So, last week I wrote about how to help your child adjust their attitude.
And of course, this week, I was the one tested in this area😳.
All of my kids just finished homeschooling for the school year. Praise Him! 🙌🏼
So aside from cooking and feeding my family, I just had 3 things on my to do list this week:
- do laundry for our upcoming trip
- clean the house to get ready for our upcoming trip
- shop for our upcoming trip
I do approximately 5-7 loads of laundry per week for our family size. That is why, I love our dryer. It helps keep our household running smoothly and our clothes smelling fresh and soft.
My husband left for a work trip yesterday, which is also the day that our dryer broke.
It made this strange sound and started smelling like burned rubber. I hate hang drying clothes. It is so tedious plus it often begins smelling like mildew before it is dry. My heart immediately started groaning…why? Why this week, when I have so much laundry to get done?
Well, today I picked up this book I had begun the other night about George Muller. And I was convicted about how petty and fickle my complaining heart is.
George Muller was a inspiring man who gave his life serving orphans. In his lifetime, he helped over 10,000 orphans. He was faithful with all that the Lord provided for him and it is said that in his lifetime, 1.5 million pounds passed through his hands to provide for these orphans.
As I was reading this book, I felt so ridiculous worrying about my insignificant laundry problem.
Now, it is my turn to write a Thankfulness List!
10 things I am thankful for (in no particular order):
- Jesus, who always faithful
- My wonderful husband and 5 great kids
- My washer works
- We are about to go on an epic trip
- My husband will be back from his work trip really soon:)
- We are all healthy
- Amazing friends who babysit so that I can do uninterrupted shopping
- Our water is working (it went out for about 30 minutes yesterday)
- I am done homeschooling for the year (WOO HOO!!!!!)
- The weather here has been beautiful
How is your week going? If you are having a rough day, I encourage you to try your own thankfulness list! (And if you are so bold, please share it in my comments section!)