After much prayer, thought, and discussion, our family has decided to move back to America.
I am sorry that I have not been on top of writing new posts here lately…but now you know why. 😊 We have been extremely busy trying to coordinate lots of stuff in our lives.
In honor of our time here, I want to take a moment and share 10 things that I love and will miss about this city that we have called home for the past 3 1/2 years.
- The beautiful local people. They have given me a hugely different perspective on life. I especially want to give a shout out to all of those we have gone to fellowship with these past 2 years. You are truly amazing, it’s been an honor to know each of you. I also will miss my language helper who has become a dear friend to our family.
- The wonderful expat community we have made friends with here. You are truly all my heroes and I am so grateful for your friendships.
- Our close expat friends, you know who you are, I love you each so deeply. Thank you for becoming like family to us. I especially want to thank Kurt and Eva, you guys are our heroes and dear friends. Thank you for the countless ways you have loved our family. We have been so privileged to have run with you here from the very beginning! We are going to miss you all dearly.
- I will miss this beautiful city by the stunning aqua water. This place is in my very biased opinion, the most beautiful city in the world.
- I will miss quickly walking to the grocery store when I run out of items at home.
- I will miss the easy access to awesome shopping when I need a break.
- I will miss all of the close by and cute restaurants and coffee shops that make going on dates super fun and easy with my husband.
- I will miss the forced exercise of walking places and taking the stairs.
- I will miss the food and especially the incredible produce here that is cheap, healthy, and so fresh.
- I feel pretty embarrassed listing this, but it must be said. I will miss the food app here that quickly delivers hot food to your door. This has been a gift to our family when I don’t want to cook. (Yes, this includes McDonald’s).
I am sure I am missing lots of stuff, but that’s all I have time to write for now.
What an honor it has been to live in this nation these past 3 1/2 years.
Our lives will never be the same…